- Definition – What is “non-formal” membership?
- Non-formal membership 501(c)3 public charity is a classification permitted by the IRS and differs from other formal-membership organizations, associations, and clubs relying entirely on [their] members to support the entity.
- Donations to the DBA, as a non-formal membership, educational 501(c)3 public charity are fully tax-deductible – unlike most other (membership supported) organizations, clubs, association, and groups claiming nonprofit status.
- There are many types of IRS approved not-for-profit organizational structures, and not all can accept gifts as a tax-deductible donation.
As a 501(c)3 non-formal membership public charity:
- No greater than one-third (33%) of the DBA’s annual revenue can be generated from membership fees/dues.(It’s projected membership fees in the DBA are less than 5 %.)
- Non-formal members have no voting rights.
- Governing of the DBA and its programs is by the board of directors.
- Nomination and election of the DBA board of directors and its officers is by the existing board of directors.
- There is only one (1) class of DBA membership and membership is open to anyone, disabled and non-disabled alike, for-profit, and not-for-profit organizations, private, and public, anywhere in the world.
- Benefits of DBA Membership & Sponsorship. (Current, 2017.).
Although general services – mainly email services – are available to anyone, regardless of membership, the unique advantages of being a member to support the working of the Disabled Businesspersons Association and its programs, include, but not limited to …
- Priority in all services, programs, emails responses, etc.
- Participation in specific programs – see “Programs.”
- Preliminary “Quick” Business or Innovation Evaluation services.
- Review and comment on business, marketing, strategic plans and works of authorship.
- Advertise member’s business Wish List fulfillment – subject to approval.
- Free self-/business-/product-promotions on website advertising – subject to approval
- No-cost inquiries to members on RFP’s, solicitations, and proposals– subject to approval.
- Discounts (announced with offering).
- Periodic e-Newsletter/-Updates emailed to members.
- Listing in the “DBA Speakers Bureau”.
Non-Formal Membership Fees:
Your tax-deductible financial support is most important to all of us volunteers, and those we serve at the DBA.
Non-Formal membership is available to everyone, those with and without disabilities, businesses, government agencies, organizations and associations, worldwide.
- Individual (Minimum) Yearly (October 1 to September 30): $ 55.00 Yearly
- Government Agency, Nonprofit Organization/Association: $ 250.00 Yearly
- Corporations $ 500.00 Yearly **
- ** Sponsor Status.
Payment (in U.S. dollars) through PayPal or mail your check (payable to “Disabled Businesspersons Assn.”) to
Disabled Businesspersons Assn.
6367 Alvarado Court, Suite 350
San Diego, CA 92120 USA
(Note: Please include your email address on your check or with payment.)